Monday, September 13, 2004

Our last evening at home

Well it is September 13 at around 6pm. We are a bit anxious as we aren't quite ready to go. We still have to get everything into our packs and get some sleep...we will be up at 4:30am to shower and catch our 6:50am flight to Toronto. We'll fly there, then onto Vancouver and finally on to Beijing. A 20 hour day with great rewards at the end. We are very lucky as we will be met by our friend Louis Liu's niece Jesse at the airport in Beijing. She will be with us for about a week helping us get aclimated to China.

Our plan at the moment is to spend 9 weeks in China, 2.5 weeks in Vietnam, 5 days in Cambodia, a month in Thailand, a few days in Singapore, 6 weeks in Western/Southern Australia and Tasmania, and a month in New Zealand. We get back to the US on March 30!

Wow - it is hard to imagine but we are excited. We have made lots of good contacts. Many of you have introduced us to your friends in these far away lands - we really appreciate that. It will be great to see some friendly faces as we travel.

We are loaded down with all sorts of remedies for things so hopefully we won't be too ill but we are bound to have a tummy ache at some point.

We hope you all like this new format. Please write to us and give us your thoughts and comments as we go along. I am not sure that we will be able to send as many photographs this time but we will try to send a few when we can.

Keep in touch!

1 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi This Lynn Regester-Trip sounds awesome. I just got back from three weeks in Asia. I will be returning to AP in late October. I will be in AP for three weeks - October 25 through Nov 12. I plan to be in Shanghai, Singapore and Hong Kong maybe Korea.

When time gets closer, please let me know where you are in China. I would love to see you there!

Best of Luck, (stay away from tomatoes)

Lynn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home